my rehoboth

(Genesis 26:22...a place for random thoughts!)

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

I'm the one that jaded you

so, what better place to begin a new blog than on the topic of relationships?

i have a good friend who tells me that i generally make decent decisions...except when it comes to "boys."

perhaps it is the whispers of glory hoped for that causes me to so readily stumble into silly relationships. or maybe its that nagging desire for things to get just a little better.

most likely it is a combination way too many unrealized dreams fueled by my insatiably romantic inclinations...someday my prince charming will come...are you him? oh wait...are you? well, how about you? i guess you must be?

it seems like in the blink of an eye my life of utter singleness was thrown into a torrent of seemingly hopeful opportunities that left me picking up the pieces from a whirlwind of broken emotions and i wonder how i got myself here.

its easy to just want to say "next time will be different" but that's not good enough for me. i feel so completely alone on the subject...one person told me i was taking it way too personally. but for some reason thats what i thought realtionships were all about.