my rehoboth

(Genesis 26:22...a place for random thoughts!)

Friday, February 18, 2005

no cleaner than mine

Rise, let us be going - Matthew 26:46

Never let the sense of past failure defeat your next step. - Oswald Chambers

one of the hardest concepts for me to grasp, is the fact that presently i live the life of a sinner and yet Christ considers me a member of the holy priesthood.

Christ's continual call for us to live with conviction and yet with no regrets is unnerving. either i sin and i wholly give up on living righteously or i forgoe every human passion that intersects my life and walk numbly through this life. it is difficult for me to wrap my mind around the image of a sinning heart seen holy in the eyes of God...do You not tire of my endless stumblings Lord God?! i am unclean! i am not simply fallen, but falling...my sin precedes me and i see no way of escape from its entanglement. but all the while, You walk, no crawl, beside me. On all fours right by my side as i struggle to even lift my head to view the path in front of me. as i glance in Your direction, i realize Your hands are just as unclean as mine, for You have chosen to take the same path as me. it is no longer my burden, but your yolk. not my sin, but your blood.

how do i live with regrets when You have taken every step alongside me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home