my rehoboth

(Genesis 26:22...a place for random thoughts!)

Saturday, February 25, 2006

hate to love and love to hate her

today is a very rainy grey seattle day and i find myself sitting in a cozy little coffee shop attempting to be a diligent student...but my mind wanders...across the table from me sits a girl who looks not unmuch like myself -- with a stack of MCAT study books piled under her chair ;o) i guess sometimes it is good to get the chance to glimpse in the mirror and catch a reflection of who we really have become.

sometimes i think i have become exactly what i always hoped i would not. like an ironically paradoxical self-fullfilled prophecy (?!) but then every once in awhile we are given an opportunity to make a break for it...to live a life totally unlike anything we have ever known before. (ah! but why is it so maddeningly difficult to make the most of those opportunities?)





so i guess more than anything i just hate it when the silly choices of my life seem to invade the lives of others...i only wish i didn't have such a terrible habit of making a fool of myself.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:03 PM, February 27, 2006, Blogger Timmay! said…

    Amen sister!!! Stop invading my life with your silly choices!!!

    But seriously, EVERYONE makes a fool of themselves. And because you recognize that you do it at times puts you ahead of the pack. Most people don't realize their own foolishness and keep walking around like silly persons.

    I know I have had my share of experiences realizing my zipper has been wide open on the pants of my life.

    Trials my friend, they strengthen our faith. We can always persevere, though, because we have Christ to pull us aside and say, "Dude, XYZ bro."

     
  • At 2:11 PM, February 28, 2006, Blogger r.m. said…

    thanks for the encouragement timbo, you're right ;o)
    (and just so you know, i'd let you know if your zipper was down too!)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home