my rehoboth

(Genesis 26:22...a place for random thoughts!)

Saturday, October 14, 2006

fidelity

okay, i think i'm in love, well maybe its more like i have a new best friend and her name is regina spektor. of course i don't actually know her, but i am certain that if our paths ever crossed we would be dear friends ;o)
this week i decided music is truly the elixir of my soul...i have been sick. sick sick and more sick -- it seems like its been forever since i have not been sick. every day i use my neti and steam with eucalyptus and take my NAC and astragula root and echinacea. i've been eating miso soup for breakfast lunch and dinner, trying to sleep lots and be good to my body, but still, i'm just not...good.
i guess the paradox is that i am supposedly immersed in the quintessential sphere of healthy consciousness -- why isn't it rubbing off on me?!

i think i still have much to learn.

so all this time of being sick has left me feeling a little down and a little burned out...but there is something so refreshingly redeeming about showering your spirit with snapshots of beauty -- whether its sitting barefooted in the corner of a cozy coffee shop, curling up on the couch and watching a totally girlie movie with the roomate or (my fav) sitting with a cup of tea and soaking up the melodious notes of some creative musical genius ;o)

so that's the best i can do. amox - no gracias, i'll take regina for now.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home