my rehoboth

(Genesis 26:22...a place for random thoughts!)

Friday, March 25, 2005

its like day...but...not.

tonight i am looking out my window and it is one of the most beautiful evenings...ever! ;o)

you know how when it snows and then the light of the moon reflects off of everything at night and it kinda seems like its not even night?

i love that.

i think i love it most because its so unexpected. there are a lot of good things in life that i look forward to and that i place some sort of hope in offering me a bit of joy...a momentary glimpse of glory in the midst of the chaos of life...but its those moments in life when i least expect an opportunity for joy and it comes up from behind me and takes ahold of me with surprising sweetness that often prove to be the most memorable.

the paradox i encounter is that in the moments when i least expect pain and it intersects my life i find myself the most unconsolably hurt.

i guess i will always have opportunities for both joy and pain in my life and i am learning that it really doesn't matter so much.

what matters most in being sure of what i hope for and certain of what i do not see.

there's this song that i learned in nicaragua that says "eres tu el todopoderoso, eres tu la unica verdad" and they sing it over and over again. its cool becuase when i totally fix myself on the almightiness and ultimate Truth of Christ in my life, when i meditate and ruminate on the simple Truth that God is truly GOD...Hashem...Adonoy!... everything else begins to fade into the backround and the aches and pains...the distracting thoughts of unnatained joys...it all just kinda melts into the darkness and its totally ok just to enjoy the beauty of being near Christ...and there will always be more snowy nights to look forward to...plenty of unexpected joys...i needn't trouble myself with planning future joys 'cause they'll find me out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home