my rehoboth

(Genesis 26:22...a place for random thoughts!)

Sunday, December 10, 2006

okay, so its no pulonium 210-laced sake but...

Now that classes are o-v-e-r I am having a bit of difficulty restraining my enthusiasm for the new found freedom (read: I might be going slightly crazy). So what does one do with all that free time? Well, I am so glad you asked….


Day one:
Saw a cheesy chic flic and cried my eyes out: the holiday. Highly recommended! Especially enjoy the softer side of jizzy j. black – BRILL! As well as a poignantly placed reference to genius martin scorcece-(would have had no idea who they were talkin' about had it not been for the departed)-ha!

Followed by a loverly evening of wine and chocolate with the roommate, homemade (not-so-tasty-without-the-tahini) hummus, the bourne identity AND mission impossible (sadly, I must confess I still haven’t seen the entire thing – we all need things to aspire to eh?)

Day two:
What could be more fabulous than a lazy day around the house, sushi for breakfast and lunch, GIRL TYME… distracting my roomie from her all-too-nearly-due final papers (sorry babe). A fine Christmas party ringing in a hip new building for a very hip and edgy little seminary known as mars hill – hmmm. So hot?! Anyways, we chased that bad moment away with a trip to belltown where we bought veggi hot dogs from a street vendor (did you know they like ‘em with cream cheese up in the crazy northwest?!) and then a little jaunt to ghetto town where I discovered the little hermano at Goldie’s…raking in 600 big ones on the 4:8 poker table…wha???!

Yes. we live in a very strange world. But I guess I love it – I mean, really what’s not to love? ;o)

So today is day three.
Right now I am listening to the top one-hit wonderz of the fabulous 1990’s (according to the rhapsody playlist central). Was Marcy Playground really a one-hit one-der?!

Would also like to plug the word o’ the day (stolen from a friend, once again)…as the cursor blinks tauntingly for me to fill this tabula rasa, I find myself at loss to say anything more. Okay, that was really lame-o, but seriously…tabula rasa?! Wow. KUDOS! ;o)

speaking of the strange, crazy and amazing:
i read that scientists recently discovered a school of fish off the coast of new jersey the size of manhattan! 20 million fish -- crazy.

when i was in honduras a friend showed me butterflies with the number 88 on their wings:



strange.


but i guess the most noteworthy, and perhaps only redeeming aspect of this blog entry is this:

...hmmm. still workin' on it ;o)


amazing.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:06 AM, December 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    is that butterfly really for real? whoa... cool. the holiday... i have yet to see this particular chick-flick, but i do love jack black... and no mention of jude law? c'mon, he's sooo fine!

    oh yeah, and speaking of word of the day, what is 'pulonium?' i was thinking maybe you meant to type plutonium? maybe? or possibly 'polonium?' 'polemonium?' 'gluonium?' well, i guess those last two don't make a lot of contextual sense but, what do i know, i went to pikes peak community college.

     
  • At 11:06 PM, December 13, 2006, Blogger r.m. said…

    okay smart one -- i think i mean polonium...as for the butterfly...yes! very real and verrrry sweet eh? ;o)

    p.s.
    ummmm hottness of jude law way overruled by complete hilariousness and brilliance of jack black.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home