my rehoboth

(Genesis 26:22...a place for random thoughts!)

Monday, April 30, 2007

who i am?

evidently my career as an existential memoir-ist has come to a close. from here on i will do my best to s-p-e-l-l it o-u-t. so life in rachelle's world is strange...i guess what else is new right? currently i am listening to avril lavigne and realizing that just as lavigne is pronounced 'luh-veen' so it would follow that lamontagne would be pronounced 'luh-mahn-tahn' hmmm. (for the critics...i'm not trying to be cryptic -- just a thought i thought i'd share)

i went to the mountains this weekend. and it was so refreshing to be so close to creation. i guess sometimes when i get all caught up in life here at school i forget all of the millions of tiny little things that make me, well, me.

i didn't come back to this quarter with the best of attitudes -- that is an understatement...i boarded the plane with tears in my eyes and i really haven't stopped throwing a tantrum until now.

life is so weird. you know, things don't turn out the way you would have expected. and that can be a little unsettling at times. but i guess it is the unexpected beauty that really makes life rich.

i still haven't a clue where my life is headed. but i am more okay with that now than i have ever been before.

i planted a vegetable garden today. it was just what i needed. (we'll have to stay tuned to see whether anything will actually grow) a little something to look forward to i guess. and my hands were so full of rich, dark soil and my clothes got dirty and i discovered caterpillars and earwigs and these really odd little red slugs. as spring blossoms at our house we are discovering all of the love and attention this home has seen -- lilac bushes and blue bells and tulips and irises and rose bushes and bamboo and poppies...it is really incredible, really.

and again, i am reminded to wait and watch. His hand is at work all around, i needn't do a thing.

i am humbled,

and i am weak,

but his strength is perfect in my weak spots...and so i am strengthened...by His great grace.










'we throw open our doors to God and discover at the same moment that he has already thrown open his door to us. we find ourselves stnding where we always hoped we might stand -- out in the wide open spaces of God's grace and glory, standing tall and shouting our praise.'
romans 5:2

5 Comments:

  • At 4:07 PM, May 01, 2007, Blogger Kendra said…

    The older that I get and the more I go through in life, the more I realize that maybe we were never really meant to know where God takes us. I think that there would be as many tantrums thrown over knowing the resulting path as there are in our lives of uncertainty. Our actualization of God-reliance really brings the liberty we seek in finding the master plan of our life. I know that you think that is easy for me to say in the place I am in my life, but I think that God has great things ahead for you that require a high level of trust. I am so proud of your courage to hold out for God's absolute best in all aspects of your life. Great will be your reward. Until then, you will just have to celebrate the little jewels in your crown when He returns. Maybe they will be pink!

     
  • At 8:51 PM, May 01, 2007, Blogger r.m. said…

    thanks kedra -- those are true words of wisdom! i appreciate the support, and i would never underestimate the place God has you...my fullest respect to you for the journey you have whole-heartedly assumed ;o)

     
  • At 9:04 AM, May 02, 2007, Blogger Lord Milton Pepperbottom III said…

    thanks for your words raquel, once again they bring me to a spot i so often wish to be, yet i am so far removed. what a charming reminder that being cued of our weakness renders such pleasant encounters with God himself. it is too often i forget that delicate truth.

     
  • At 1:00 PM, May 04, 2007, Blogger Debby said…

    Hey there! I saw you comment on amy's blog and thought I would say hi! haven't talked to you in forever!

     
  • At 3:01 PM, May 04, 2007, Blogger r.m. said…

    hi debby! nice to hear from ya -- do you have a blog? if so, you should make it available to the outside world! ;o) hope all is well is w.p. (i'm super jealous!)

    and jevvin' - it is true..i hope someday i might learn to savor those pleasant moments with the Lord to the fullest!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home