my rehoboth

(Genesis 26:22...a place for random thoughts!)

Monday, March 28, 2005

happy easter friends!

on my to-do list:
i must apologize to those closest to me because, as of late, i have not made much of an attempt to be a good reflection of the perfect Love that has so graaciously captured my small heart.

today was a day set apart to meditate on the greatest manifestation of Love this world has ever seen. oh! the heart of Christ! if only i could truly grasp the depth of such true affection. in all honesty, i did not make use of this precious holiday as much as i would have hoped...time escaped me and so here i sit with a heavy heart. there is a burning in my eyesas the reality of Christ's love for us causes me to work just to catch my breath.

what is love that i should know a single thing about its workings in my life?

phileo and storge surround me, (eros elludes me!) agape refreshes my soul and epithumia drives me to keep expecting more out of each day. but all too often i have a way of overlooking, underappreciating and wholly disregarding the very vehichles of Love which God tries so persistently to use to intersect my life and infuse me with His Great Gift.

life is kinda weird right now. in all honesty, i'm a little scared. what's to come? am i really finally leaving? how will i survive? will i ever find the romance i've always dreamt of?...this silly blinking cursor taunts me...what more do i have to say?...i guess its just that verse...the one that says "perfect love drives out fear." well, the driving force is all around me. why do i refuse its work in my life?

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home