my rehoboth

(Genesis 26:22...a place for random thoughts!)

Thursday, March 31, 2005

christening

for my birthday a friend of mine gave me a leatherman...definitely one of the most practical and useful birthday gifts i've ever gotten...not to mention quite memorable ;o) anyways, tonight i felt like i reached a deeper level of intimacy with my leatherman. it was kinda like our bonding moment. i was super excited because i needed some sort of handy little tool for fixing the dust pan thingy at work. then i realized i did have the perfect tool! i finished my little project with seemless ease and i was so proud of my resourceful handy-ness...it was great! anyways, as i was finishing up, i used the cute little knife part to cut some electrical tape and as i sliced through the tape i failed to stop my upward motion before the very sharp little knife sliced right into my finger...eek! it really didn't do much damage, but as i looked at the drops of blood on my sweet leatherman i smiled as the words of wisdom my friend gave me rang in my head..."just be careful with the knife, i cut myself a few times when i first got my leatherman." i was so excited to know i was a true leatherman owner now! i felt like i passed some sort of initiation milestone. anyways, its great to be closer than ever to my great little tool and i feel like i have entered some sort of inner-circle now.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:26 PM, March 31, 2005, Blogger Timmay! said…

    With phrases like "sweet leatherman", "juicy charge" and "virtual monkey" in your blog as of late, I have really been challenged personally by reading it.

    But enough about me, this friend of yours, was he/she a man? Was he/she leathery? Sharp? I hope he/she is not a tool.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home