my rehoboth

(Genesis 26:22...a place for random thoughts!)

Monday, April 18, 2005

my little buick of regalness

so my chronic coolant leakage has finally been remedied. but, in all honesty, the sappy sentimental in me misses it altogether. there was something so calming and familiar about popping the hood every time i arrived at the gas station. pulling out my faithful coolant jug, mixing in some water and slowly quenching the thirst of my poor little regal. now i'm back to boring old stops at the gas station. i guess i can mix it up with the occasional window-washing, oil-checking or slurpee-buying, but it just won't be the same.

i think what i will miss the most are the well-intentioned comments from my fellow gas-station patrons who observed my little coolant-filling ritual.

it seems any girl looking for a little attention need only lift up the hood of her car and guys from every walk of life will come with offerings of their great and assumedly impressive automotive/mechanical knowledge. every time i stopped with that nagging little low coolant light glowing in the corner of my eye i wondered what adventures awaited me the moment i reached under the hood of my car.
"looks like you might be leaking a little coolant" "i think you might need to put in some more antifreeze" "sooooooo, i'm pretty sure she's overeheatin'..." "did you know you have coolant leaking?" or my ever-favorite "i never met a girl who knew how to change her oil" ;o) oooh my little gas-station buddies! how i will miss you!

2 Comments:

  • At 4:33 PM, April 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    don't leave us!!!

    gas station buddy #4.

     
  • At 3:26 PM, April 19, 2005, Blogger Timmay! said…

    Hey, you know more about cars than I do! I can't even pop the hood. And I think I, when bending over into the hood of my car, have the opposite effect you have. Everyone seems to run away from my plumber's crack.

    *super*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home