my rehoboth

(Genesis 26:22...a place for random thoughts!)

Saturday, April 30, 2005

...the right time to roll to me

perhaps the source of my angst and jaded frustration was not so much the failure of men in my life, but the failure of my image of God. i thought all of the harrowing situations i faced were a result of my wandering heart. but those situations would not have proved nearly as harrowing would i have had a proper understanding of my heavenly Father. good things and bad things; strange and unusual situations, present themsleves to each and every one of us...that's what its like being human. its what we do with those situations that matters. i guess somewhere along the line i decided i had to stop trying to pull everything back together on my own and i chose to start looking in the right places for strength and inspiration to live out each and every day. it was in the midst of my searching that i found my heart once again romanced and enthralled with a love that is deeper and wider and higher than my imagination could ever begin to behold.

the thing about God's love for us is that it is so humble, so quiet and still that we cannot take hold of it. the moment we notice His movements and we look in the direction of His love it seems to vanish and reappear in the very place we just turned from. so maddeningly elusive, if we stop believing He is courting us for even a moment too long the coerricive, calculating seductions of this World will rush into the weak cracks of our hearts and take us captive until we once again still ourselves to hear the gentle call of the Lover of our souls. He is so patient and so very very good. i am thankful my heart has been softened, i am thankful i have begun to learn to love deeply and sincerely, once again...it is His beauty i see in the romance that is all around me!

4 Comments:

  • At 2:08 PM, April 30, 2005, Blogger Cactus said…

    I'll admit that I always despised christian radio because some of the songs just seemed like sappy love songs, but you blog made me think, what would it be to be in love with God enough to actually be able to sing stuff like that and mean it?

     
  • At 10:10 PM, April 30, 2005, Blogger r.m. said…

    very cool.

     
  • At 10:38 PM, August 14, 2005, Blogger Bryan said…

    amen...good stuff right there.

     
  • At 10:41 PM, October 29, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Its amazing what God will do when you least expect it. I was searching for something completely unrelated to this and found your blog. I have never read something that was so perfect for exactly how I am feeling right now and so encouraging. Thanks

     

Post a Comment

<< Home