my rehoboth

(Genesis 26:22...a place for random thoughts!)

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

wuts that??

maybe this is a little werid, but i am so excited because i caught two rainbow trout this weekend.

i was mostly excited to get to clean a fish with my leatherman.

i think some of the people around me thought i was completely loca because when i caught the first one, i started jumping up and down and screaming and my dad was like " you better reel the dang thing in before you lose it!" its been awhile since i've been fishing and i forgot just how much i love it...even just bait fishing. its so amazing to sit in the sunshine and soak up the beauty of the nature that surrounds you. even if you don't catch a single thing, it can be such a rejuventating and inspiring adventure! but when that first fish caught hold of my line it was like i was a little kid again and i couldn't even help it! every muscle in my body tensed, and my heart starting beating quickly as i focused on winding in my prized catch!...would it be a big one or just a little minnow? ;o) i guess i am a little crazy...ha! nonetheless, i need to make more of an effort to enjoy the simply joys that i so often overlook. i am never deprived of things to do, just the drive to actually do them.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home