my rehoboth

(Genesis 26:22...a place for random thoughts!)

Friday, August 26, 2005

love much

this morning when i woke up i was processing through my recent fog of frustration and bitterness when a passage from hosea came to mind:

"she will chase after her lovers but not catch them; she will look for them but not find them. then she will say 'i will go back to my Husband as at first, for then i was better off than now. she has not acknowledged that I was the one who gave her the grain, the new wine and oil, who lavished on her the silver and gold -- which they used for baal." hosea 2:7-8

i might think i'm justified in my bitterness but, i am not the jaded one.

"therefore I am now going to allure her; I will lead her into the desert and speak tenderly to her. there I will give her back her vineyards, and will make the valley of achor a door of hope. there she will sing as in the days of her youth...'in that day,' declares the Lord, 'you will call me "my Husabnd" '...I will remove the names of the baals from her lips; no longer will their names be invoked." hosea 2:14-17

if only i could truly understand the immense love Christ has for His bride.

"'therefore, i tell you, her many sins have been forgiven -- for she loved much. but he who has been forgiven little loves little.' " luke 7:47

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home