my rehoboth

(Genesis 26:22...a place for random thoughts!)

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

we might not have seen the cubbies but...





my friends and i recently returned from a little trip to chicago...it was much fun, but i got a little out of control with the digi-cam ;o)

i had no idea that taking pictures of buildings could be so much fun!








anyways, a few days ago i was hanging out downtown with a friend and we were observing a cute older couple -- who were quite obviously tourists. i think they seriously took like fourteen pictures of just one street corner. my friend and i chuckled at their sweet excitement for sights we've seen hundreds of times.

it seemed so silly to me until i realized...just a few short weeks ago, i was that tourist! eek! my friends were quite gracious to put up with all my picture taking. and hey! now we have evidence of our trip, tangible reminders of our crazy times in chi-town. and it gave me the opportunity to chronicle some of the odder sights we stumbled upon, ie...








...what exactly does one do with a giant reflective bean???
















...or, for that matter, a three story tower with a video projection of some chic who squirts water???


hmm. chicago friends. i don't completely get it.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:50 AM, August 31, 2005, Blogger Timmay! said…

    Good thing I wasn't the one putting the images on the 3-story video projection...


    ... It could have been...


    ... much worse.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home